Monday, February 18, 2013

Cleaning... Part of the Process

Spoiler Alert: I am not the cleanest person in the world. But the past week and a half, you could eat off the floor. This is a HUGE feat for me! It's all because of our home study (and a baby shower!). I feel like I have turned a corner. I want our house to be this clean all the time. I LOVE it! I think Lyndsey and Vanessa should just make weekly visits... 1. Because I like them. 2. Because my house is clean :)

It's scary thinking about someone coming to your house, looking through your closets, and asking you questions. It's not that we have anything to hide, but it's the unknown. What will they ask? Is my house safe or up to their standards? Should I have swept one more time? Even though I knew it was going to be okay, there is still a small part that says "But what if it's not good enough?" I think it's just human nature. We worry. Even when we try not to, we worry about worrying. 

And then I felt silly about worrying. I should have known we were in great hands. Lyndsey and Vanessa were amazing. I am so excited God led us to 200 Million Flowers. They made what was a scary, unfamiliar process, into an easy and fun day. Will drank WAY too much coffee that morning, so they got all the info and then some out of him. They walked around the house, opened doors, gave compliments, asked questions... They didn't criticize or look for reasons to fail us. The thing is, they WANT us to get our baby. They want to help us in any way possible. They want to stay in touch and watch our family grow. 

The reason I am writing a blog is to help someone out there that is going through the same process. I want you to be informed about what happens next. If you are staying up to all hours of the night, cleaning, organizing and sanitizing... good. Keep doing what you are doing. Just know that there is a reason and you shouldn't worry. As long as you do your part, God will take care of the rest. Be encouraged... know that the social workers LOVE the children they are placing and that is what drives them to do a good job. But they also love you and want the best for you! 

We signed up with 200 Million Flowers on January 22. Lyndsey is writing our Home Study this week! We still have a few things left on our checklist that haven't been returned, but we are so very close to the next phase... getting on the list! 

Thank you for reading our story... I'll post again soon (I hope!)

-Katie

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience. We often ignore a number of DIY home cleaning options and rely on professional house cleaning services. Also, we should clean the rooms regularly to save our time and efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your experience. We often ignore a number of DIY home cleaning options and rely on professional house cleaning services. Also, we should clean the rooms regularly to save our time and efforts.

    ReplyDelete