Monday, August 15, 2011

Even Ground

I thought my dad was a little crazy when we first walked into this house. It needs a lot of TLC, to say the least. The uneven floor was my main concern. I can see past wallpaper and old appliances, but being able to put a marble on the floor and watch it roll down the hallway stressed me out a little. It didn't take long for me to see past that too. I just told myself, "This is Jackson. If you want to live here, you have to deal with it." We found a great man to fix the foundation issues. His name is Paul Reed. We set up an appointment with another foundation company one Monday afternoon. Well, they never showed and my dad drove from Monroe to meet with them, so I got on the phone in a hurry, calling every number I could find. Luckily, Paul answered! He wasn't too far away, so he agreed to come meet with us. After spending 5 minutes with him, I knew he meant business. He calmed our nerves, reassuring us he had seen worse. Paul and his crew have been at the house everyday for a week now. They have worked some kind of magic in the basement! Leveling the floor has led to many other problems, but you have to start somewhere. I am going to miss Paul and the guys. We are so thankful for everything they have done!


No comments:

Post a Comment